Your family is welcoming a new member, a new born child; however, you haven’t prepared a complete bedroom for your kid. This article will help you examine as well as evaluate a suitable, best mattress for kids.
The right mattress for kids to have a comfort night’s sleep is true and very especially essential. In fact, the proper mattress can be very helpful for your kids’ posture and even their bone strength as well, building a healthy lifestyle when they were kids.
A. How to choose the best mattress for kids?
1. What features should be remarkably noticeable to choose a best mattress for kids?
Size: In order to choose the right size to your children’s size, this research will help you a lot in form a suitable environment.
- Baby and crib mattress: If you are preparing a mattress for your baby, you will need to have a crib first. The negative side of this type of mattress is the slight variety so that you may want to carefully measure the dimension of the crib before buying the perfect mattress.
- Toddler mattress: It is the transformation of a crib mattress to a “big kid” mattress. It includes a low railing or partial railing to keep your child from falling out of the bed. This mattress seems very safe; however, it is actually not necessary so that parents usually upgrade the bed into twin or twin XL size.
- Kid mattress: This size will vary in many shapes and materials as well. You will find this most convenient to choose as well as evaluate. It also has copious benefits that help your children to build a healthy lifestyle.
Set your budget: A twin mattress can cost from $100 to $1000 and higher. But the innerspring mattress normally costs at a range from $300 to $500 while memory foam mattress may set you back a bit more. The higher price of a mattress, the longer durability it is. And it is said that a good mattress normally lasts for 10 years or more, which means if you buy a right bed for your kids, it can be a companion until they step into their teen years.
Mattress types: It is assumed as the most crucial factor whenever you want to buy a product that is compatible with your family expectation and purpose
- Innerspring mattress: It is considered as a very prevalent choice of every group of ages. Innerspring mattress is very durable with a long lifespan and it is firm enough for the children to not get hurt by rough housing. Innerspring mattress tends to be very steady and sturdy, supportive for the most sleeping styles.
- Foam mattress: You may see that memory foam is trendy, but it is not recommended for infants and toddlers. Notwithstanding, the older children may prefer memory foam more than other choices. But remember, memory foam is an off – gassing one, which can cause heavier smell than other mattresses that can be an obstacle to choose this kind of bed.
- Hybrid mattress: This is a perfect choice for parents because of the combination of a sturdy support of an innerspring mattress and a cushier feel of foam.
- Organic mattress: Some typical mattress types, such as memory foam or hybrid models usually contain organic components in their materials. An organic may be chemical free, hypoallergenic, flame resistant or biodegradable. It is highly recommended for infants because of its extreme safety and security.
Firmness level: Another important factor of choosing a perfect mattress for kids. A firm mattress is assumed to be most suitable with babies who are under 18 months old for proper development. It plays a crucial role in aligning spines and forming a straight position of kids.
Make sure it is durable: Most mattresses will last 10 years; however, its lifespan depends a lot on what components in the mattress as well as its materials used. Investing in a high quality mattress for kids will contribute to enhance its lifespan as well as high performance.
2. What is a compatible mattress for different kinds of children?
2.1. For kids with allergy
A right mattress will extremely alleviate allergy’s symptoms and grant them a far more restful and relaxing sleep. This mattress should be hypoallergenic that inhibits the expansion of dust mites, initial prevention of causing more serious allergy symptoms.
Memory foam is normally hypoallergenic and therefore, it is an optimal solution to every family that has allergy kids.
2.2. For kids who fidget
Fidgeting at night can directly reduce the quality of the sleep of your children. Foam mattress is considered to be the most suitable mattress for those who fidget or move around a lot at night.
2.3. For growing kids
Especially with a teenage kid, a firm mattress will be the most compatible choice as it will prevent aches or pains that normally caused from improper bed.
3. Famous brands of providing best mattress for kids
When considering buying mattress for kids, please refer to one of these well-known for the best choice: Olee Sleep, ZINUS, Classic Brands, Gegcucey, etc.
B. List of top 4 mattress for kids
1. Olee Sleep 10 inch Omega Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress – Twin – Medium Firm
“Olee Sleep 10 inch mattress is designed to satisfy the need for contoured support of your vertebrae while you sleep.”
1.1. Pros and cons of Olee Sleep 10 inch Omega Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress
- Affordable price
- Absorb pressure as it disperses on spring
- No temperature sensitive
- Contour support of your vertebrae while sleeping
- Alleviate heat
- Easy to carry and set up
- Squishy and bouncy
- Pillow or frame are not included
- The sides sink down
- Not helping in alleviate pains much
1.2. Why is Olee Sleep 10 inch Omega Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress best for your kids?
About the mattress dimension, it is 75” long x 39” wide x 10” height. Olee mattress consists of a total of 5 layers including pocket springs. The inner coil is 7.5 inch thick to directly maintain the mattress’s firmness while a 1.5 – inch soft memory foam can absorb pressure as it disperses in spring.
Moreover, the fiber – quilted cover of this mattress will give you comfort and add quality to the bedroom appearance. On the other hand, heavy steel coils with memory foam cushion layers on top will provide exceptional support and durability.
With the design of I–gel, this mattress will help your kids get into a deep and comfortable sleep without feeling the accumulated temperature.
This mattress is designed to gratify the desire for contour support of vertebrae while kids are at sleep.
There are 4 steps to set this mattress up including:
- First of all, lay the box down and remove the bagged mattress out.
- Then, roll out the compressed mattress on the surface where you will install.
- Carefully cut open the plastic bag along the edges.
- Finally, it allows approximately 2 days expanding to the original size.
2. ZINUS 12 inch Support Plus Pocket Spring Hybrid Mattress with Euro Top – Extra Firm Feel – More Coils for Durable Support – Pocket Innersprings for Motion Isolation – Bed in a box – Twin
“The Zinus Support plus Mattress collection is made with an additional 10% more individually wrapped iCoils in the core of the mattress to provide extra support and motion separation for a comforting night's sleep”.
2.1. Why should I choose the ZINUS 12 inch Support Plus Pocket Spring Hybrid Mattress?
- Extra stability and firmness
- Affordable price
- High density
- Motion isolation
- Certified by CertiPUR – US
- Easy to carry and set up
- Maximally minimize motion transfer
- Free of ozone depletes, formaldehyde and chemical flame retardants
- Prevent sagging or bowing
- Bouncy feel
- The middle might get a bit saggy
- Too soft edges
2.1. Construction of ZINUS 12 inch Support Plus Pocket Spring Hybrid Mattress
While it is engineered with 10% more heavy gauge steel iCoil pocket innerspring, this mattress is reckoned as the firmest mattress with the intention of adding more stability and extra firmness. With a signature reactive and bouncy feel, the product is most suitable for kids who are stomach sleepers and plus – sized individuals.
The mattress is well – constructed by containing these components: the bottom layer is a 7.5 – inch – iCoil pocketed springs, 0.5 inch high density foam; 2 layers of high density foam, the first one is just only 0.5 inch while the upper one is 2 inch with the benefit of enhancing the mattress durability; 1.25 inch comfort foam; last is micro – fiber and quilted jacquard cover, respectively.
With the intervention of the best technology, the mattress is effectively compressed into one box for easier shipping as well as carry and set it up. You just only have to unbox, unroll and wait until it fully expands to maximum size, which approximately needs about 72 hours.
You do not have to hesitate while considering this best mattress for kids cause it is certified by CertiPUR – US by its highest quality foam for durability, performance and content, respectively.
3. Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Gel Memory Foam 10 inch Mattress – Twin XL – White
The cool gel mattress is compressed and rolled – packed in a box delivered directly to your home. Do not worry; our box is easy to handle around corners, through hallways and up flights of stairs.
3.1. What are benefits of buying Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Gel Memory Foam 10 inch Mattress
- High density
- Reduce pressure point at back, neck and shoulders and properly align the spines
- Prevent tossing and turning at night
- Regulate temperature
- Resistant to mold, bacteria and dust mites
- Certified by CertiPUR – US
- Adjustable base friendly
- Easy to set up
- Affordable price
- Some may think it is too soft
- Not suitable with heavy weighted
3.2. Why is this Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Gel Memory Foam 10 inch Mattress good for our kids?
The mattress is 39 inch wide x 80 inch long x 10.5 inch height. In addition, with the contribution of luxury ventilated gel memory foam mattress is an optimal option over other choices when you choose a good mattress for kids.
The combination of a beautifully detailed charcoal grey and white cover has made your bedroom more fashionable but not lacking the luxurious factors. It has 4 ways stretch knit which works with the memory foam to maximize its conforming properties.
Refreshing gel particles are infused into the high density memory foam in order to enhance more comfort on the surface.
Furthermore, with the high memory foam conforms to your body when the cool gel plays another role as regulating temperature, this mattress is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to mold, bacteria and dust mites. Its performance of emission and durability has been certified by CertiPUR – US so you can 100% assure that this product will be brought to your kids with the most flawless perfection.
4. Twin Mattress – Gegcucey 10 inch Innerspring Multilayer Hybrid Single Mattress – Ergonomic Design with Breathable Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress Twin Size – Box Top Series Medium Plush Feel
This is an affordable mattress but high quality and performance for your kids, and your family as well.
4.1. Pros and cons of Gegcucey 10 inch Innerspring Multilayer Hybrid Single Mattress
- Affordable price
- Enhance support to different areas of body
- Breathable and skin – friendly
- Excellent heat dissipation
- Absorb sound and vibration
- Provide nice cushioning pressure relief and great bounce
- Isolate motion transfer
- Easy to set up and carry
- Catchy look
- Not suitable for side sleepers
4.2. Design of Gegcucey 10 inch Innerspring Multilayer Hybrid Single Mattress
This mattress is carefully made of hundreds of pocket springs and luxury slow spring back foam in order to increase support to every area of the body. It is also found that perfectly contoured and body support brought the most optimal recovery – focused sleep experience.
With the combination of high density and temperature sensitive materials, this ultimate luxury slow spring back foam has excellently in dissipating heat to maintain a cool and fresh atmosphere all night long. Moreover, the pocket spring level will play a crucial role in helping the air flow naturally through the mattress.
In addition, the innerspring works independently of each other so that it can easily absorb noise and vibration, maximizing the comfort to the sleep. Not only that, it will evenly distribute body weight to give a great cushioning pressure relief as well as wonderful bounce.
The Gegcucey will be shipped compressed, rolled, and vacuum sealed and handed to you in a small box. For full expansion, it requires at least 2 – 3 days.
Hope you will have no difficulty choosing a good mattress for your kids based on the recommendations above. For more assistance buying a best mattress for kids, or should you have any suggestion please feel free to share with us!